Now that we’ve gone over the fundamentals of the surprise party, we can talk about party ideas. Potential party ideas are near limitless. Main thing is to choose something that celebrates her, involves friends and works within your story (see the fundamentals if you don’t know what your story is).
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Simple Dinner Party – the classic always work. Do it your home or a favorite restaurant with her best people. Or even a hybrid – go to the restaurant for apps and then have a surprise party waiting for her at home.
- Spa Day – arrange for her and her friends to get massages or mani-pedi’s. Then meet them at your house or restaurant for dinner.
- Shopping party – Similar to a spa day. Send her along with her best girlfriends for shopping at her favorite store.
- Adventure Day – do something she has been talking about but hasn’t done (river rafting, parachuting, race car driving, etc). Best to include a few friends.
- Pretend it’s a work event and make it a party – great event professionals like a DJ or photographer. Arrange to have a fake client and then fill the party with all of her friends.
- Early party for birthdays on a holiday – if your sweetie has a birthday that falls on a holiday, throw a ½ year surprise party so that all the attention stays on them.
- Scavenger hunt – create a scavenger hunt or use one of the services that have popped up recently. Can either be alone or you can include friends. Maybe even have friends stationed at each treasure so by the end she has all her best people together.
- Picnic / BBQ – great way to end a day or maybe a scavenger hunt. Meet at a park or a beach for a picnic. Recommend getting a caterer and/or a planner so that you don’t have to arrange the food while keeping the party secret.
- Trip – harder to keep these secret possible if you include friends but it is awesome to plan a surprise trips. If possible, talk with her boss to arrange an extra day off. Remember – it’s all about the details.
Like I said – there are lots of party ideas. Hopefully these will get you started. Now once you have your party idea, you’ll need to confirm the ideal location.